Wednesday, April 25, 2012

KCWC Day 1


I'm participating in KCWC over at Elsie Marley, and on day one I sewed up an Oliver + S Ice Cream top in Denyse Schmidt Greenfield Hill Voile. I bought a yard of this awesome print last year when it was on clearance for $5 and have been wondering what to do with it ever since. I initially thought it would be too much for a child's outfit, but after seeing the sophisticated prints Figgy's has been using in their new pattern line I had to go for it. I think it works, do you? (As was linking to Figgy's it appears they have announced their newest patterns, available in May! I'm not usually a big jumper fan, but Zephyr looks awesome!)
I sewed up a 3t with no modifications ( I forgot to add the extra 2 inches I always add in length, my kids have long torsos and round tummys that usually need a little extra coverage) but I think it fits great and should last all summer. The voile is soft and breezy, and didn't need to be ironed when I pulled it out of the dryer, so that is always a plus.
I Have some charcoal linen that I am thinking of making cordinating puppet show shorts with, maybe I can finish them by the end of KCWC! As always, more pictures in my flickr stream.

3 comments:

  1. This fabric is so fun! Looks great on this top! I hope you'll stop by and link up to Make It Wear It, a weekly blog party for all things made to be worn. I look forward to checking out your blog in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just favorited this on flickr!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat idea - must remember to use not just baby fabric for the baby!

    ReplyDelete