Wednesday, April 25, 2012

KCWC Day 2




Still sewing along for KCWC and today I again only managed to sew one Oliver + S Ice Cream shirt, which actually was supposed to be a dress. I had traced off a size 4 last year and never got around to sewing it, so I found the old tracing and got to work. Since I didn't remember why I traced it off in the first place I definitely didn't remember that I traced the top and not the dress, and naturally still didn't realize this until I was almost ready to attach the hem facing, which would have made this the most ridiculously inappropriate mini dress ever. I was pretty bummed as I think this would have made an awesome dress, but wasn't about to go back to the fabric store to buy more fabric to remake it, when the top is still adorable.  

Lily is doing robot arms, whatever that means

The fabric is Blue Mumsy by Dear Stella with coordinating Blue from their solid collection. Dear Stella is a pretty new company and I am going to out on a limb and say that every design they print is awesome. I'm usually attracted to one of two prints out of a collection, but I would buy every single print from collection if I wasn't on a self imposed fabric diet.  Not sure if I am going to go with the chevron or the peacock print for my next purchase, but pretty sure either one will make something amazing. 



I cut this in a 4t even though Lil will be 5 in June, but I was able to get away with it since this is quite a roomy top to begin with.  I am definitely getting to the end of squeezing her into the high end of the smaller pattern sizes and am going to have to save up and buy the next sizes in my favorite patterns, she has grown so much since this fall it is amazing, and just a little sad. But I don't want to leave you on a down note, so here is a picture of Lily's own styling of her new top. Yes, those are clothespins in her hair, and she is making that face on purpose. Life is all about compromises, no?



1 comment:

  1. It fits her perfectly! Good to know about the sizing. Stop by and link up to Make It Wear It, a weekly blog link up for all things made to be worn!

    ReplyDelete